When to call the Parish Nurse
- When you have received some test results or have been diagnosed with a condition that you have questions about or need support.
- When you are facing surgery and may need support with medical equipment (walkers, shower chairs, etc.), meals – or a hospital or home visit.
- When you are a new parent or have a baby.
- When you have no one to go with you to your doctor’s appointment where you may be discussing treatments or potential surgery to manage a medical problem.
- When you are looking for a second opinion referral (I have some good suggestions).
- When you are struggling with a chronic illness and need to locate a support group.
- When you have noticed changes in a loved one that may indicate a medical, emotional or cognitive problem.
- When you have received bills or paperwork from a recent hospital or rehab stay, and you do not know what to sign or pay (I can help read through it and help you contact people to get answers).
- When you want to pray with someone to seek healing and consolation.
- When you need help transitioning a loved one into assisted living or skilled nursing care.
- When you are caring for someone you love– we have an active, caring caregivers’ support group for you!
- When you or someone you know is grieving the loss of a loved one.
HERE’S HOW! Susan Starke, MSN, CRNP 610-644-4040 ext. 207 firstname.lastname@example.org