Missions & Outreach News
Niños Con Valor & Tyson Malo, International Director
Most of you are quite familiar with Niños con Valor (NCV) www.ninosconvalor.org the Bolivian children’s homes started over 10 years ago by Endel Liias, a young (20 something) parishioner at Good Sam. You have also met Tyson Malo, the International Director of Niños, who visited Good Sam last October to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the organization. There has been an amazing amount of news and happenings in Cochabamba since our last report.
The major news is that Niños was able to lease (for 3-5 years) a beautiful and much larger home with a huge yard and all the right rooms and space for the new girls’ home –the old one was too small for our large number of girls. (Barb, put picture where you think is best) In December they moved the girls to the new home and moved all the boys from their previous very small home into the larger home that the girls had just left. The old boys’ home was returned to the owner. All this was a lot of work but everyone is now very happy with their new surroundings. Also since the last report, all the children had a wonderful Christmas and summer vacation and are now all enrolled in new schools.
The January/February newsletter is available here.
Praises and Prayer requests from Niños:
We praise God:
- For the 10+ years of support from the Church of the Good Samaritan, allowing us to vastly improve the lives of dozens of needy children.
- For a successful move of all our 39 children into larger and better homes.
- For a very positive start to the new school year.
- For the rain that has arrived almost every day for the past couple of weeks, it is a huge blessing after enduring the worst drought in decades!
- That in 2017 NCV would take big strides forward, each day improving the care we are providing to our children, and ultimately reach out with our model of care to many more children in Cochabamba and Bolivia.
- For all of our staff, that they would stay in good health, and be open to growing personally every day, so that they can care for our children in the best way possible.
- For a fundraising campaign we are preparing to launch on March 12th, that we would have great success, and with the funds raised be able to ensure the quality attention we aim for, for all of the kids, teen and young adults in our care.
(Pam Bennett is the Good Samaritan contact for YoungLives. She passes along this update from Debbie Perkins, Regional Coordinator for YoungLives Delaware Valley.)
Praise God for a great banquet - our biggest ever - 332 people!
- All of our clubs are growing. In February we started our Bible study in Phoenixville as well, and God has been bringing us many new leaders.
- We have our first meeting on April 11th with a number of women in Camden, NJ who want to start YoungLives there.
- We have a group of women in West Philadelphia praying monthly about starting YoungLives also.
YoungLives Prayer Requests
- For 30 teen moms to sign up to go to camp this summer.
- For a new leader to lead the club in West Chester.
- For an additional $45,000 for Chester County so that we can bring our part time person, Marissa Martin, on full time in the fall to supervise our 3 Chester County Clubs.
- For a good turnout at our semi-annual Mentor Training Day on March 11th.