First Fruit Tithe Funds Distribution
At the onset of the original Capital Campaign when the Sanctuary was updated, it was decided that the church of the Good Samaritan would commit a tithe of all receipts to further the Gospel locally, regionally, nationally and around the world by funding building projects where there was need.
Criteria were established whereby grants would be made. The criteria are:
- That the project be Brick and Mortar, that is assisting in construction, remodeling, expanding and even the purchase of buildings;
- The receiving organization is to be committed to the spread of the Gospel
- That the organization be sustainable having history and a future, that meaning we would not fund start-up programs;
- That there is a real financial need; and finally that the project be real, and not a wish for the future but rather that the project be underway.
- To date grants have been issued in all areas of the world
As the Capital campaigns have concluded there remains several thousands of dollars yet to be committed to building projects. We have several requests locally and internationally.
We do not have a formal application form; we ask that a document be submitted indicating:
- What the requesting organization is: who they are / their mission etc.
- An overview of the project
- Where they are in the project
- The financial need (Dollar amount)
Therefore, grant requests or financial gifts to support these needs will be accepted until November 1, 2017 and the remaining funds will be distributed following that. If you would like to contribute to this fund, please indicate on your gift ‘First Fruit Tithe.’